Pakistan News

Beware of gas heaters

Beware of gas heaters

INSTANT gas heaters installed in bathrooms are like instant killers. These heaters can kill the person in two ways. In a small bathroom with closed doors and windows, it can consume all the oxygen and the person may not be aware of it.

Leakage of gas from the heater can be the other way of suffocation and death. Both lead to oxygen deficiency called hopoxia. This has no treatment. It inflicts a permanent damage and disability on the victim.

Quality control of these gadgets must be enforced, and these should not be installed in bathrooms.




Tayyaba Tahir

Karachi

Published in Dawn, May 18th, 2015

On a mobile phone? Get the Dawn Mobile App: Apple Store | Google Play

Similar News
Recent News
Back to top