Pakistan News

12 of family faint after eating ‘toxic’ rice in Mohmand

12 of family faint after eating ‘toxic’ rice in Mohmand

MOHMAND: As many as 12 members of a family, including nine children, fell unconscious after eating ‘toxic’ rice in Danishkol area of Pandiali tehsil in Mohmand district on Saturday.

According to Rescue 1122 spokesperson Mr Abdullah, 12 members of the same family were reported unconscious after eating poisonous rice at the house of one Khyal Gul in Danishkol area of Pandiali tehsil in Lower sub-division.

He said that the affected included three women and nine children, adding that a 76-year-old woman was shifted to Peshawar in critical condition.

According to preliminary information, the affected children aged between four and 10. He said that samples of the rice had been sent for a laboratory test.




Similar News
Recent News
Back to top