Cook-it-yourself : Five-minute bread pizzaMagazines
• Slices of bread
• Ketchup or pizza sauce
• Cheddar cheese
• Mozzarella cheese
• Shredded chicken or any topping you are in the mood of eating
• Chopped onions, capsicums and tomatoes
• Ask mummy to preheat oven to 150 degrees Centigrade. You don’t need a very hot oven for this.
• Spread ketchup on the bread slices. Use any type of ketchup that you have at home – plain ketchup, chilli garlic sauce or pizza sauce, whatever you have and want to eat.
• Sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on top.
• Now put the shredded chicken — or any other type of topping you have at home — over the ketchup. Sprinkle some chopped tomatoes, capsicums, onions and anything else you want to have on your pizza.
• Now top it with loads of grated cheese. You can use both mozzarella and cheddar or just mozzarella
• Place it on an oven-proof tray and ask an adult to place it in the oven for about two to three minutes, or until the cheese melts and the bread has a nice toasted look.
• You can even use the microwave oven for this. It should take about a minute or so to melt and bind the ingredients, but you will not get a toasted effect in a microwave. So if you are going to use the microwave for this, you can toast the bread in a toaster or pan before spreading all the toppings.
• Ta-da! Your five-minute pizza bread is ready and you can now have a pizza party anytime you are in the mood!
Published in Dawn, Young World, June 25th, 2016