Pakistan News

‘Unattended’ baby suffers burns at Ganga Ram ICU

‘Unattended’ baby suffers burns at Ganga Ram ICU

LAHORE: A newborn suffered critical burns after his arm touched a gas heater at the intensive care unit of the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital on Monday.

The incident took place after the doctors forced the baby’s parents to leave the ICU as no attendant was allowed to enter the facility.

Quoting parents, an employee told the media that the baby remained unattended after the duty nurses and doctors went to their rooms. He said the baby’s arm touched a gas heater, resulting in critical burns. An employee noticed smell and informed the duty doctors who rushed to the spot, he added.

The issue came to light when the doctors told the parents that the affected part of baby’s arm might have to be amputated.

The senior administration of the hospital constituted a committee to probe the incident after relatives of the baby lodged a strong protest.

Published in Dawn January 17th, 2017

Similar News
Recent News
Back to top