Pakistan News

Accused in Edhi Foundation robbery threaten Faisal Edhi with ‘dire consequences’

Accused in Edhi Foundation robbery threaten Faisal Edhi with ‘dire consequences’

Faisal Edhi, son of late philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi, on Saturday said the men accused of looting the Edhi Foundation head office in Karachi in 2014 allegedly threatened him of "dire consequences" if he did not stop pursuing legal action against them.

In October 2014, eight robbers stormed into the Edhi Foundation head office in Mithadar, held its staff hostage at gunpoint, woke up the late philanthropist who had the keys to the safe and took away at least Rs170 million in gold and cash.

Read more: Edhi head office robbed




Edhi, who now heads the non-profit organisation in place of his deceased father, said that three of the accused present during Saturday's hearing allegedly threatened him as he and his lawyer were leaving the court premises.

"They warned me and said that we still haven't learned a lesson from the incident," the foundation's director said.

All six accused in the case had been granted bail and were released earlier.

Edhi added that that some of the accused in the case fail to show up for hearings citing medical grounds.

"An arrest warrant against them must be issued so they can be presented in court," the director of Edhi Foundation said.

Edhi and his lawyer filed a formal complaint to the area police station following the incident, making the same demand.

"Faisal Edhi has nominated the persons who threatened him and the police are looking into his complaint to take legal action," said Karachi-South Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Azad Khan

Khan added the police is investigating the incident and will soon decide on what legal action can be taken.

Similar News
Recent News
Back to top