Pakistan News

Centre has not yet removed Sindh’s reservations over census, says Murad

Centre has not yet removed Sindh’s  reservations over census, says Murad

DADU: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has dispelled the impression that Sindh’s reservations over census have been removed and said the federal government has not so far done anything to satisfy provincial government.

Talking to journalists at Jhangara-Bajara town near Sehwan on Saturday, the chief minister said that all the departments concerned and law enforcement agencies (LEAs) had worked together and showed exemplary cooperation in the wake of deadly suicide blast in Qalandar shrine to bust terrorists’ network in the province and restore peace.

He commended the Counter-Terrorism Department of Sindh police for arresting the main suspects in the shrine blast and said that Sindh government had taken various steps to protect shrines, prevent terrorism activities and award exemplary punishment to terrorists.




He said that Sindh government considered it its prime duty to protect people, hence security had been beefed up at all shrines and places of worship.

About reports federal Finance Minister Ishaq Dar had finally tendered his resignation, he expressed his ignorance of the development and said that every problem had a solution if one was earnest to find it out.

He advised all legislators to strengthen their contacts with public and resolve problems of their areas. The Sindh government had made it a top priority to serve public, carry out development schemes and minimise people’s problems, he said.

Mr Shah said in answer to a question about rising unemployment in Sindh that there were many job seekers for limited number of vacancies. The government, however, had ensured that jobs were given purely on the basis of merit, he said.

He said that he was happy to hear about alliance between MQM-P and PSP but his joy proved short-lived when the parties undid the alliance within 24 hours and indulged in trading blame the following day.

He advised leaders of both the parties to iron out their differences as soon as possible and devote their time and energy to serving people instead of hurling allegations at each other.

He attributed MQM-P’s resurrection of the demand for separate province to the ongoing squabble with PSP and reiterated that Sindh would never be divided. No Sindhi and no provincial government would ever allow it to happen, he said.

Answering a question about resignation by Dr Asim from the party’s office of president of PPP Karachi chapter, Mr Shah said that Dr Asim had taken the decision due to personal reasons. He did not know much about it as he could not meet him before his departure, he said.

He must have decided that he was infirm and it might be better for the party in view of preparations for upcoming general elections.

The chief minister was accompanied by PPP leaders Sikandar Rahupoto, Hakim Ali Nohani, Hyderabad commissioner Saeed Ahmed Mangejo, DIG Javed Odho, Jamshoro DC retired Captain Fariduddin Mustafa and Jamshoro SSP Syed Irfan Ali Bahadur during his visit to Jhangara-Bajara town.

Published in Dawn, November 19th, 2017

Similar News
Recent News
Back to top